Today is the day. It is Thanksgiving. The day we give thanks. We push aside what really happened way back during the time of the Pilgrims and Native Americans and use this holiday to celebrate family and food. Keeping with the festivities of the past week’s posts, I made a list of 10 things that I am thankful for:
1. Family and friends – They get lumped together because they are pretty much one and the same. My friends are my family that I picked for myself and my actual family are the ones who were lucky enough to be born with similar genetic make up. They’re all okay, I guess. I love them and I’m pretty thankful for them.
2. Blankets – For being that extra warmth that I need to fall asleep, keep doing you!
3. Ellen DeGeneres – What would the world be without Ellen? She is pretty much a human ray of sunshine.
4. Cute boys with nice butts and British accents – I am super thankful for them. They make my day just a little better whenever I think of them. Just knowing that there is a cute British boy with a great ass out there waiting for me to marry him one day is the most exciting thing of all.
5. Sephora Waterproof Eyeliner – It’s not too heavy and it’s not too harsh, it comes right off when I want it to, but also stays exactly where I need it to for extended periods of time. Don’t know how I got through a day before finding this brand. If I could marry it, I probably wouldn’t, still holding out for one of number four.
6. Sam Panopoulos – He invented Hawaiian pizza. He’s not even Hawaiian. A true innovator.
7. Self Check-Out – Thankful for this on the days when I just want to quickly and shamelessly buy two frozen pizzas, some hot pockets, a bag of chocolate chips, a bag of cheetos, some cupcakes, cheese and crackers, some pickles, oreos (double stuffed) and a pint of ice cream, then go home and eat it all, no judgement behind the eyes of the cashier because it’s me; I am the cashier.
8. The Snooze Button – I don’t think that little guy gets enough credit. The snooze button is one of the greatest inventions of all time. Instead of setting 45 alarms in the morning to wake me up, I can just depend on old reliable to blast Beyonce’s “Flawless” at nine minute intervals.
9. Stroopwafel – Probably my most favorite food on the planet, and not usually available in a normal US supermarket. Thankful that a family friend from Holland stocked us up last week and that I have a package of them in the fridge.
10. Lions – I’m thankful for lions because they are giant cats. Not to state the obvious, but I look at lions and I crave the day that I can have one as a pet because they are big and lovable and not at all vicious if raised in a domestic situation.
In all sincerity, I am so thankful for all of the amazing things that have happened and are happening in my life. I am so thankful for all of the beautiful people I have been blessed to meet from the beginning and along the way. I hope that all of my American fanz have a great holiday, and I hope that everyone in general knows how thankful I am that you are part of my life, even if it’s only for 10 minutes to read my blog each day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.