I think that New Year’s Resolutions are so dumb, but I make them. Every. Single. Year. Most years it’s all about being happy, spending time with the people I love or making new friends. It’s all stuff that I can usually find loopholes around and by the end of the year say that I accomplished it, even if I didn’t really.
This year, I’m going for gold. I am making a list of things that cannot be loopholed. It’s either, they happen or they do not, none of this – oh well I did spend time with my family, no more than last year, but it happened. This is my year, and while I say that every year, for once, I feel it in my gut. I know that if I have a plan and goals, I cannot be stopped. This is my list of things that I fully intend to accomplish by January 1, 2016.
– Hit 25,000 views on my blog – I will definitely need help, but I think that this is perfectly doable. Just think, if all of my current every day readers told just 3 people about mazforthefanz.com, got them to start reading every day, and then went about their normal reading adventures, I would have way more than my intended goal. Anyone looking to be a part of my street team to promo it? See my contact info page. #maztakeover
– Turn 21 – I really can’t fail on this one. I will turn 21 in September, no matter what. I guess the only stipulation is that I survive until then, which is fairly manageable.
– Step foot in at least 5 different countries – I’m saying “step foot in” instead of visit or see because I think that I am going to be constantly on the move, I don’t want to limit myself to anything. If I get somewhere and decide that I’d rather be in a different country, then so be it. No questions asked, I can just walk through that country, right to the next, but I still will have technically stood in that country.
– Have a drink with someone famous – The ultimate goal is being a celeb myself, but I know that can’t happen in a year unless I go internet viral somehow. But I think that if I find myself in the right place, at the right time, I can end up having a pint with one of my favorite celebrities. Call it luck or call it fate, I totally believe I can do this one.
– Kiss lots of cute boys – Just because I’m young and unattached and I can do what I want. Fingers crossed that the boys have accents.
– Go backstage at a concert – Alright, I have done this one before, so I guess what I really want to do is sneak backstage. I have to manage a way to get as far into the backstage world of a major concert as I can. I want to high five a band as they are about to go on, without them realizing that I’m not even supposed to be there. I want to sit on the couch in the green room and drink champagne that’s free. I want to somehow do this all, without getting arrested. I would say, if I could manage to stay backstage for more than five minutes, I’ll call this one a success. Even if I don’t get to high five the band.
– Take a road trip – No destination necessary, just get on the road and go. Maybe north, maybe south, maybe west, it doesn’t really matter. I just want to get in the car and just drive until I run out of gas, then fill up, and keep going.
– Sing at a karaoke bar – I have always wanted to go to a karaoke bar, but have never been old enough or daring enough to do so. This year, both of those things are irrelevant. Even if I need six drinks to work up the nerve, I still want to get up there and croak out whatever terrible song that I allow a stranger to choose for me.
Basically, I just want to take full advantage of my youth. 2015 will mark the beginning of a new era of Maz. I will be wild, but still responsible. I will stay out all night. I will laugh until I cry. I will probably make some really big mistakes, hopefully none that can’t be undone. I will see the world through rose colored lenses and find my soul mates that I haven’t met yet. I will live. Truly live.