Excuse the exhausting title, I just wanted it to be clear that I have only ranked movies that I have seen that are set in Rome, Italy, it doesn’t mean that these are the best out there, although, once you see my ranking and reasoning, I’m pretty sure you’ll be convinced that I’m a movie critiquing genius.
5. The Talented Mr. Ripley: This got the number five spot because Matt Damon is creepy AF, and it took me like two days to fully watch the film. I will say this, it’s gets you thinking a lot about how many creepy serial killers might you possibly know and not even realize. I ten out of ten only recommend this to people I don’t like.
4. Sabrina Goes to Rome: This movie is hokey as hell. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but this was just unnecessary. How the hell does Sabrina explain the whole Paul fiasco to Harvey is my real question? Because trusting your heart as a life lesson, sounds a lot like love to me. Cheaters never prosper Sabrina.
3. When in Rome (Mary Kate and Ashley Version): The only reason that this is a little bit more realistic than Sabrina is because there is no magic involved. But for real, who in the world gets fired and then subsequently rehired by the head of their internship’s company all in the course of 24 hours. It’s so unreal.
2. The Lizzie McGuire Movie: Be still me beating ten year old heart. This movie was a massive part of my childhood and I have giant plans to recreate many of its scenes while I’m in Rome. First step, find a lookalike that is already famous in Rome, next step, concert at the Colosseum with a major costume change mid-song.
1. When in Rome (Kristin Bell Version): Josh Duhamel is a fox. Need I say more?
There you have it. Reasoning and hard facts that settle the score among the top and possibly only five movies that I have seen that are set in Roma. Ciao.